COVID-19: Listening, advising and helping
Montréal, March 26, 2020 – First of all, we hope that you and your loved ones are doing well in these trying times. Like you, our lawyers and employees are adapting to the context of COVID-19: we are now working remotely and remain available to support you in managing this delicate situation and to ensure that your ongoing files run smoothly. Should you have any questions concerning your files, do not hesitate to contact your legal advisor. You will find our professionals’ contact information here. Despite the isolation, we all stay connected!
Our mission: to listen, advise and help you.
A few days ago, the Government of Québec announced a $2.5 billion emergency program to support businesses in need of liquidity. The federal government has also implemented similar measures and will allocate $82 billion to workers and companies. Given the current situation, our mission is more meaningful than ever! You can count on us, notably to:
- Assist you in managing your cash flow and in finding financing from banks and government agencies;
- Advise you on the impact of the situation on your contractual obligations (commercial leases, service and supply contracts, loans and surety bonds);
- Write applications for interest relief and penalties to be addressed to tax authorities;
- If necessary, prepare and file debt-restructuring proposals.
In these uncertain times, where the situation changes rapidly and requires concrete and immediate actions, we have mobilized some members of our team who will enlighten you on one or more of the following topics:
- Government funding;
- Relationships with tax authorities;
- Corporate Law;
- Relationships with Investissement Québec;
- Employment Law;
- Litigation and interpretation of contracts;
- Real Estate Law;
- Insolvency, Restructuring, Bankruptcy and Liquidation.
If you have any specific questions regarding your situation, do not hesitate to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly direct you to the best-suited professional.
In addition, we will publish relevant information to equip and accompany you through this uncertain time. You will find these capsules on our social media, including our LinkedIn page.
Together, we can face this crisis and help ensure the stability of your company.