July 2021 – The Canadian government has recently announced new measures regarding the opening of its borders:
- Fully vaccinated United States citizens and permanent residents can enter Canada for non-essential travel beginning August 9, 2021.
- Travellers from other countries (except the United States) will be allowed to visit Canada starting September 7, 2021.
- Travellers who are fully vaccinated from one of Canada’s approved vaccines at least 14 days prior to their arrival will not need to quarantine for 14 days.
- The vaccines approved by Canadian authorities are: Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson).
- Unvaccinated children under the age of 12 will not need to quarantine for 14 days after August 9, 2021. However, they will still need to undergo various health measures.
- The requirement for travellers to quarantine for up to three days in a government-authorized hotel will no longer apply. Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers will still need to quarantine for 14 days and submit to testing.
More details regarding the reopening of Canadian borders will follow in the next few weeks.
Questions? Contact us.
Click here to download the pdf